Wednesday 25 April 2018

News about Combat Colin No.3

My thanks to all of you who have bought the first two issues of Combat Colin! It's doing well, and I'll be starting work on issue 3 soon. The plan was to bring out No.3 in mid-May, but I think it's more likely to be sometime in June now, with No.4 following later in the year.

You may be wondering why it takes so long just to do "a reprint comic" as one person dismissed it as. Well, for a start I can only work on the comic when I don't have deadlines for my mainstream work. (Combat Colin sells well for a small press comic, but it's Toxic, Doctor Who Magazine and the others that bring in the money to pay the bills.)

Each page has to be scanned from scratch, either from the original artwork (if I have it) or from the old comics. Then each panel has to be digitally cleaned up. Sometimes that can be done quickly but it depends on the quality of the page I've scanned from. 

Then, there's new cover art to draw and colour, and any text pages to write and design. When all's done and double-checked, the files are sent to the printers, which is usually a couple of weeks to turn around the order because the printer is a busy man and in demand 'cos he does such a fantastic job.

So... that's why I decided on doing an issue of Combat Colin only once every several months. I hope you don't mind the wait! 

As always, I'll be posting regular updates about the next issue as it develops, so stay tuned!


5 comments:

Manic Man said...

someone knows soo little about any field of print and design to just say it's a "reprint comic".... erm.. the kinda person you don't want as a client ^_^

Bruce Laing said...

It will certainly be worth the wait. :D

Lew Stringer said...

Oh he wasn't a potential client, Ryan, just some gobsh*te on a forum I've quit. (I should add that the large percentage of members there are fine folk.)

Thanks Bruce!

Anonymous said...

I can attest that the end product looks beautiful. Keep them coming, Mr S!

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks, D.D. 😊