Monday 1 January 2018

Preview: COMBAT COLIN No.2

HAPPY NEW YEAR! If this goes as scheduled, this post should go live in the first moments of 2018. I hope you're all having a good evening wherever you are. 
Here's your exclusive first look at Combat Colin No.2, which I'll be sending to the printers this week and it'll be out later this month. As with the first issue, No.2 will have 40 pages packed with classic Combat Colin strips from the late 1980s. This issue starts with the ones when The Transformers and Action Force merged into one comic, and features over 70 half page strips running from February 1988 to well into 1989. 
You'll see Combat Colin and his sidekick Semi-Automatic Steve encounter villains such as Madprof and Mr.Magno for the first time, plus the return of the evil Aunt Arctic of the Antarctic, the secret of the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot, the introduction of the Giggly Sisters and much more!
©2018 Lew Stringer
Most of the strips have been scanned directly from my original artwork, and I've added dates to the foot of every strip so you know where and when it first appeared.
This issue also includes a letters page, Combat Correspondence, with your thoughts on issue 1.

Combat Colin No.2 will be published in late January and will be available to buy directly from me, either by mail order or at conventions I'll be attending in 2018. I'll post an update on this blog and on social media when it's available to order so don't worry, you won't miss it! 
©2018 Lew Stringer
The first issue (and my other comics) are still available from my online shop, and Combat Colin No.2 will be added when it's available:
http://lewstringer.com/page7.htm

Bookmark this blog for future updates, and if you're on Facebook, give a 'like' to my page there for updates too:
https://en-gb.facebook.com/lewstringercartoonist/

Thanks for following this blog and, again, a Happy New Year to you all!

P.S: As a special New Year bonus, exclusive to this blog, here's how my pencil roughs of the cover looked prior to a few alterations and inking:
©2018 Lew Stringer

No comments: