Monday 30 June 2014

Puzzled!

Characters © DC Thomson & Co. Ltd.
I'm working on some puzzle pages for The Beano at present. I sent one off the other day and I've just emailed another completed one to Beano HQ. (There's part of it above, when it was in the pencil stage earlier.) 

The rewarding thing about doing puzzle pages is getting the chance to draw characters I wouldn't normally be assigned to, such as The Bash Street Kids and Minnie the Minx. Very enjoyable, although thinking up the actual puzzles can take a while.

The puzzles should start appearing in The Beano in a few weeks' time I guess. I'll blog about them again when they're in print. Never Be Without A Beano!

2 comments:

Tiniebras said...

I enjoyed Gran-Formers in this weeks Beano. Was that one of yours? I tend to assume that any robot in the Beano must be a Stringer :)

Lew Stringer said...

I'm afraid not. I've only just started doing puzzle pages again so it'll be a few weeks before the first one appears. Basically if I haven't mentioned it on this blog, I haven't drawn it. :)