Wednesday 25 June 2014

Lord Snooty and his Pals


For many years the full title of The Beano's Lord Snooty strip was Lord Snooty and his Pals. The 'Pals' being a bunch of kids from the poorer side of town that Snooty enjoyed hanging around with. 

In this week's Lord Snooty mini-strip I've brought back a couple of those pals to make a guest appearance. Swanky Lanky Liz and Big Fat Joe were their original names, but these days they're simply Liz and Joe. I've redesigned them both to bring them into the 21st Century a bit but Liz is still swanky and lanky, and Joe is still a big lad. (Incidentally, both characters had their own strips back in the early days of The Beano, before becoming part of the Lord Snooty cast.)

You can expect another pal, Scrapper Smith, to turn up in a week or two. In the strips I've drawn so far I've only included Scrapper, Liz, and Joe, but I may bring in one or two of the others if a suitable gag occurs to me (or if the editors want me to of course). Obviously as this Lord Snooty series are single tier mini-strips they'd be a bit too crowded to feature all of the Pals together unless it's necessary for the joke.

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying my run on Lord Snooty so far. The latest Beano is out now, priced just £2.00 for 36 full colour, all-new pages.  

2 comments:

Richie Brown said...

Nice to see some old faces back. Surely Snitch and Snatch are ripe for a comeback in their romper suits?

Lew Stringer said...

Yeah, those two are probably better left in the past. :)